Immediate Opening: Operations Manager, St Francis Animal Shelter, Buffalo, Wy
DROP OFF YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME AT 109 FLATIRON DR, OR EMAIL email@example.com
Job Type: Full time, one year position, starting Fall 2019. Continued Employment dependent on performance and availability of funds. Starting salary $27,000/yr
Job Summary: The St Francis Animal Shelter is a no kill animal shelter (501 3c) established over 20 years ago in Buffalo, WY. The facility houses dogs and cats and has agreements with the City of Buffalo and Johnson County.
The Shelter Manager is responsible for the supervision and oversight of the Shelter. The Manager answers to the Board of Directors. The Manager serves as the day to day leader and chief spokesperson for the Shelter and works closely with the Board to implement initiatives, determine and enforce policies, and plan for the future and success of the Shelter. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Oversees the daily operations of the Shelter: This person must have strong leadership skills and be able to manage staff, volunteers, and maintain the cleanliness of the facility and equipment. They must also have strong customer service traits and ensure that animals are receiving proper care.
- Oversees and makes all employment decisions, including hiring, discipline and termination, for all full time and part-time employees with prior Board approval.
- Assigns and delegates tasks and responsibilities to staff members and volunteers
- Works in partnership with the Board to obtain new funding sources including, but not limited to foundations, grant writing, local fund raising activities, legacy giving, and social media fund raising.
- Coordinates animal care with the Shelter Veterinarian
- Attends Board of Directors and committee meetings. Provides updates.
- Works with the Board to determine budget requirements and long term goals
- Promotes the activities of the Shelter through the website, social media, local organizations and radio programs
- Collaborates with similar regional organizations to promote the adoption of dogs & cats. Keeps abreast of local and national animal issues.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining a safe and organized work environment, OSHA compliant.
- Responsible for maintaining the facility with the help of the Board.
The ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for animals, a critical thinker, can manage people and animals in a motivational and thoughtful manner, has 2+ years working in animal welfare and embraces the no kill philosophy.